The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA“) and applicable state law protects certain health and medical information about you. We do not purposefully collect any medical information from you through the website. However, you may provide this information through other means online or offline, or this type of information may be collected by us from other methods such as through a health care provider or other network company. We protect covered health and medical information as required by HIPAA and applicable state law. Similarly, we may use covered health and medical information as permitted by HIPAA and applicable state law.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect several types of information from and about users of our website only when it is provided by you. This may include information that identifies you personally, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“). We may also collect data that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your geo-location, your browser type and/or operating system; and/or data about your internet connection, the device type you use to access our website and usage details. This type of data is generally collected to assist with troubleshooting and is not actively used by HSM for any purpose.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us. We may also collect some data automatically as you navigate through the website, including landing pages, click patterns, times spent on particular pages, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of contacting us through the “Contact Us” form. In addition, we will collect the email messages and exchanges relating to your initial contact through the “Contact Us” form.
- From time to time, we may have a form on the website requesting that you provide feedback or report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries and facility location queries on the website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and/or device, internet connection, your IP address, geo-location, operating system, and browser type.
We may use various technologies for this automated data collection, including:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information about us and our services as you request that information from us
- To respond to your questions and comments
- To notify you about other matters we believe may be relevant to you
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of HSM’s assets
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HSM, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. You have control over the use of your information through the following mechanisms:
- Contact from HSM. If you wish to have no further contact with us, you may opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the party that you initially contacted via our website.
Website Not Intended for Use of Children Under 13. Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via the link on our “Contact Us” page.
Changes to Our Policy. It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our website and this Policy to check for any changes.