|FACILITY||ADDRESS||JOB TYPE||SHIFT||HOURLY RATE||SPECIAL INCENTIVES|
|1206 N Travis Street, Liberty, TX 77575||Full Time||All||Based on Years of Experience||CNA class: June 6 – June 22, 2023|
CNA class: June 6 – June 22, 2023 * We’re Hiring NOW!!!
If you love the reward of caring for people and are searching for a stable, long-term career, with AMAZING benefits, we want to hear from you!
We will contact you for an IMMEDIATE interview. Become a part of a dynamic environment with excellent benefits and an amazing team of compassionate individuals like you.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Disability coverages also available
- Full Tuition payments for license improvements
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Shift Differentials
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional, Friendly & Social Team Members
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits & bonuses available for full-time employees working over 30 hours per week.
** If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team! **
- Preferred high school graduate or equivalent.
- Will have completed an in-house CNA training course, is in the process of taking the CNA Competency Evaluation Exam or is awaiting results of testing.
- Must be able to be on feet standing or walking throughout the scheduled shift.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull 60-70lbs.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems, systems applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to meet all local health regulations, and pass pre/post-employment physical exams if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiry.
- Must have the ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships through the use of tactful, direct and sensitive interaction. Must be able to communicate verbally in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, co-workers, vendors, and to work cooperatively with others.
- Must comply with attendance policy and established schedules, be flexible, and make necessary accommodations for the needs of residents and families.
- Must attend in-service/education programs as required to learn new procedures and develop skills to meet regulatory compliance.
- Must agree not to disclose resident protected health information and report suspected or known violations of such to the Administrator.